Debra Bretton Robinson biography
Debra Bretton Robinson is an artist residing in Chelmsford, MA and a participant in the vibrant Lowell, MA art scene. She grew up in Plaistow, NH and has been inspired by the New England landscapes surrounding her throughout her life. She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston where she met her husband. Her acrylic paintings on canvas concentrate on places she encounters everyday in her life or places she frequents, mainly because of her husband who loves to fish. Her style borders between representational and abstract enlisting New England architecture as a base while using bold, contrasting colors for a contemporary edge. The colors and lines of her paintings are inspired by Matisse during the Fauvist movement and The Seven, a group of painters working in Canada at the turn of the 20th Century. The talents of several other artists she continues to draw upon are: William Henry Johnson, Tommy Thompson, Lawren Harris, Emily Carr, Alice Neel and Edward Hopper. Jazz and Blues music continue to be a force in her work.
Debra works out of her studio at 122 Western Avenue, Lowell MA #213. She can be contacted through her email address. Debra’s work is currently represented at several online galleries including the Saatchi Gallery in London, FineArtAmerica.com and the Xanadu Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ but has frequent exhibitions in the New England area.
Please contact her for purchases at:
frequently asked questions:
- How is the artwork shipped? USPS
- Will it come framed? Yes. All my paintings are framed with a very simple, thin but wide wood frame which complements the piece but is easy to replace if desired.
- How soon will I receive it? At the most, one week.
- What are the shipping costs? It depends on the size of the piece. Anywhere between $20.00 and $100.00
- Is the work insured? It will be insured by USPS. What do I do in case of damage? Discuss with USPS and with me. If I am able to repair it, I will.
- Do you have a guarantee or return policy? Yes, I have a 14 days from receipt return policy, customer pays return shipping.
- Does the item come with a Certificate of Authenticity? yes.
- How is it maintained or cleaned? I would recommend light dusting with a soft cloth or paper towel for light dust. For heavier dirt, use a moistened paper towel (with a little water). GENTLY wiping back and forth, taking care that color does not come off with the dirt.